Sunday 16 January 2011

The Library

After spending the first 3 years of my university career not knowing where exactly the library was, my finals have now changed things slightly. Most of my waking days are spent in the place, trying to pack as much information into my head as possible.

I will admit that the library is a great spot for it. Other people working hard makes you feel guilty for doing nothing. It does have its distractions though; When you are supposed to be revising Concurrent Programming, an atlas of Canada or a book of art from the October Revolution is an unusually tempting prospect. The people watching is also fascinating, no form of entertainment like it!


Here is where people,
One frequently finds,
Lower their voices
And raise their minds.

Richard Armour, "Library"

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous. I loved Queens Library.
    Too bad I'm not there to check #2 off your to do list. :)
    Good luck studying!

    ReplyDelete