Wednesday 25 August 2010

Friday Night Lights

I first heard about this movie because a band I like did the soundtrack for it. The band is called Explosions In The Sky and they are an instrumental band from Texas. They make quite sweeping, epic rock music and they aren't really the guys you would pick for a movie about American football.

Based on a true story, this really isn't your average sports movie. It tells the story of a small town in Texas in 1988 which totally revolves around the high school football team. The guys walk out on the field every week and it's like the fate of the whole world rests on their shoulders.

This movie paints such an incredible picture of the place and it tells such an unbelievable story about the people. Only the story isn't unbelievable, it is very simple and very real. I got a lot more than I bargained for when I sat down to watch this.

1 comment: