Thursday 23 July 2009

The Quest for Knowledge

I like to think that this blog is not only something to keep me occupied, but also to provide some light entertainment for you, the (colossal) readership. I learnt some new words this week so I thought I would share my knowledge with you fine specimens.
  • Sundry - Various, assorted.
"She picked up some sundry food items at the local market."
  • Svelte - Attractively thin; gracefully slender.
Used mainly as a compliment, whereas words like thin and skinny could be used in negative connotations.
  • Protean - Readily assuming different shapes or forms; displaying considerable diversity or variety
Protean is derived from Proteus, an ancient Greek god who had the ability to change his shape at will.

Well there you are, lap it up people, because knowledge is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment